DjangoBooks.com

Castellucia Nuage 'v' Dupont MD100

Kevin FurnissKevin Furniss France✭✭ AJL 503 XO
Hi ,

I posted an earlier subjest looking for opinions on a Castellucia nuage (for sale locally) and got some useful advice for GJ Guitar buying in general.

Tonight I have noticed a Dupont MD100 (2003) is also for sale (200€ cheaper than the 2009 Nuage) and wondered which I should go look at ? Dupont seem quite well liked on Djangobooks.

With my limited experience I figured the chances of buying a lemon were reduced somewhat by buying Dupont,Castellucia etc

Salut
Terrassier

Comments

• I'd go with the guitar that plays better. That all being said, Duponts are solid guitars. I've got a chance to sample a lot of GJ guitars at DiJ and the Duponts are consistently good.
  • jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    Sounds like there are some great guitar deals in your area. I believe there have been a few posts in the forum about counterfeit guitars (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11485&p=66570&hilit=counterfeit#p66570). Here is a nice guide for acoustic guitar buying (http://www.guitarfriendly.net/acoustic- ... ttolookfor). I've been know to take a magnifying glass to check for hairline cracks and dings. I partially disassembled a Gibson Les Paul Special to make sure is wasn't a fake (it wasn't, but a great deal @ $380). Take an experienced GJ player, even if you have to pay him for his time. I've played a few expensive GJ guitars but didn't "love" them. Buy a Cigano or Gitane for learning and wait for that perfect GJ guitar. You can usually sell a Cigano or Gitane for a decent price, but it isn't always easy to sell an expensive guitar. Good luck!