Logo
Call Us
Categories

DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Today's Birthdays

newbie hugh alfred87

Related Discussions

Who's Online (1)

• Jazzaferri 5:19PM

Antonio Petrarca guitars?

Anyone have information on these guitars? Does anyone own one or has anyone played one? I'd like to learn more.

Comments

• fourowlsfourowls Brisbane, Queensland, AustraliaNew Petrarca Grande Bouche
    Hi there...your question is probably not relevant anymore and you have a manouche guitar anyway. I have just recently purchased a grande bouche that Antonia Petrarca built (he also calls himself Tony Boch for some reason) and it is a beautiful instrument. Superbly crafted, balanced tones, lovely neck and easily one of the nicest mid range guitars I have had. By mid range I mean between the $1500 - 2000 mark. It looks stunning in its walnut and darker amber finishing, but I can definitely recommend this luthier to anyone! I will be keeping it!
  • Chris MartinChris Martin Shellharbour NSW Australiaâś­âś­ Petrarca, Di Mauro x 3, Sonora, Favino (classical), Bucolo, Patenotte, Hoyer, Martino resonator and a few electrics.
    edited May 18
    Yes, Andrew does indeed have a fine 'Grande Bouche' there and I have two more here in Australia. I had Tony make my 'Chorus' style model to my specs with spruce top, maple back and sides in 2014. I bought the second hand 'Petite Bouche' from him a year later. It has spectacular cocobolo back and sides and I think it had been one of his gigging guitars for a couple of years. He is based in Sauve in southern France and only makes a few at a time when he is not touring, I know Drom Blanchard is one of his better known customers.
    Bill Da Costa Williams