DjangoBooks.com

C'est Si Bon Intro

edited September 2013 in Licks and Patterns Posts: 5
G’day guys,

My question is a very basic one to reflect my level of playing ability in this style. I have a CD by La Mauvaise Reputation titled Tours Eiffel en Plastique and the 5th, track is C’est Si Bon. I love the intro (very standard and very recognisable little motif) and would like to know if anyone could give me not only the chords that are being played but more importantly the voicings being used.

Thanks for any advice

Comments

• JonJon melbourne, australiaProdigy Dupont MD50B, '79 Favino
    Well, this is quite funny :) I'm the guy who played that intro. Thanks for listening to the CD! I hope you enjoyed it. We're about to record a follow up in about a month, with our new member Sal on accordion.

Anyway, so that intro is as follows...

3 low G's in the bass, and then:

First 3 times
    Gmaj69 (xx2233) Gdim (xx2323) C/G (xxx553) Gmaj (xx5433)

Last time
    Gmaj69 (xx2233) Gdim (xx2323) D7 (x5453x)

Sorry, I'm not used to writing out chords this way, so I hope that makes sense (tuned EADGBE and x=dont play that string)

Let me know if you still can't get it and I'll write it out in notation.

All the best,

Jon
    Well who would have thought I would receive such expert tuition!!

Thanks Jon

I really enjoy the entire CD and I really like your playing; the glissandos are really something.

Warm regards

Grant
    PS: the chord notation makes perfect sense.
    Thanks Jon

I just played it through and it sounds perfect. Very inspiring. And now onto the solo!
  • JonJon melbourne, australiaProdigy Dupont MD50B, '79 Favino
    I'm glad it worked out for you. Good luck with the solo! I've no idea what I played on that :)

Jon
  • StevearenoSteveareno ✭✭✭
    Love this tune. Thanks for posting. The chord diagrams make total sense and are a quick way to lay things out. I believe they're called Xograms. Only seen the used for the last couple of years, but are growing in popularity.
    Swang on,
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    It sounds like the thingy in 'dream of you'