DjangoBooks.com

Happy birthday, Hubert Rostaing!

klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
edited September 2013 in Woodwinds Posts: 1,665
Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
-- Orson Welles

Comments

• Good find Ben.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • Teddy DupontTeddy Dupont Deity
    :D He became a very successful film composer.
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Jazzaferri wrote:
    Good find Ben.
    A clarinet playing friend passed it on to me, and I thought I would share it with the DB community.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.
    thanks for the link ( thanks to Evan Christopher, too )

here's a playlist of Hubert and some other clarinet players, mostly with Django . ,
    which i thought had some nice playing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ-qgcZO ... 59&index=1

Hubert sounds fine & mellow, very graceful & thoughtful.
    [ unlike me, who sounds like Benny Goodman falling off the back of the stage... ]
    -A-