DjangoBooks.com

Gypsy Jazz Chord Melodies

jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
edited May 2013 in Repertoire Posts: 705
New Gypsy Jazz picker here and I'm looking for tabs for chord melodies if anybody has them, the simpler the better. I've found a couple for Nuages, but not much else. As I'm too much of a rookie to start playing with others, it would be nice to be able to play a song or three for my gf and/or others. Some of my favorite tunes:
All of Me
Dark Eyes
Djangology
Autumn Leaves
Bossa Dorado
etc.

Comments

• hanear21hanear21
    There's actually a book for sale here on the site that would probably be perfect for you. It's called Unaccompanied Django.

http://www.djangobooks.com/books/unaccompanied_django/
  • blindjimmyblindjimmy phoenix,az✭✭✭✭
    shut up and play your guitar
  • andreandre
    Hi... You can try Youtube, too. I have seen videos of solo jazz standard performances that included tab. It is pretty laborious to learn them that way but I'm sure quite a few of them offer the option of downloading a printable version. Just enter the song title you want then /tab (or tablature).
    There are numerous gypsy jazz tutorials too. Be aware the quality varies!
  • AmundLauritzenAmundLauritzen ✭✭✭✭
    Watch Bireli on YouTube. There are many videos where he plays unaccompanied solo guitar. He mostly plays in a modern crossover style with a lot of classical influences. It might not be the best place to start for someone new to the style if the goal is to learn complete performances, but there are always good chord voicings and little nuggets to steal that are not too hard to play.