DjangoBooks.com

Nous'che Rhythm Guitar Course For Sale!!

HemertHemert Prodigy
edited May 2013 in Welcome Posts: 264
I'm happy to report that from this moment forward Nous'che's Rhythm Guitar Course is officially for sale.

If you're interested take a look at the web store:

http://www.freewebstore.org/gypy-jazz-rhythm-guitar/

In the web store you will find all information regarding the contents of the course, a demo video and purchasing options!

Comments

• pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    Christiaan Bravo thanks for getting this out.

Certainly glad the rhythm course is available. I went to sign up however I missed the place for 25% discount for RA members is there someway you can get that setup please.
    I'm doing a Social Security thing and would appreciate the discount.
    Thanks I can't wait to get started.
    pickitjohn
    :lol::lol:
  • HemertHemert Prodigy
    Yes, the discount still applies. However, I couldn't find an easy way to do this in the web store. So this is what will happen:

- purchase the course for the normal price
    - I check every customer's email address with possible RA membership
    - if you are a CURRENT member I will refund 25% to your Paypal account/ credit card

Hope this solution is ok with you!
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    Sounds fine to me.

Heading that way soon to pick it up.

Merci

pickitjohn
  • AmundLauritzenAmundLauritzen ✭✭✭✭
    I just want to add that this is the first rhythm tutorial that has made it crystal clear for me how the rhythm should sound.
    The mixing is very well done. It's not easy to hear all the dynamics and fine details in Nous'ches playing on records or on videos of the Trio because there is so much else going on. But in the course, you can hear all the details in the rhythm. This helps clear up how to articulate the rhythm right to make it swing!

Watching YouTube can be confusing to learn how to play the rhythm right, because there is this new trend of muting 2 and 4 now to confuse people and the audio quality is seldom good enough to catch the details.

A huge eye opener for me was learning how Nous'che uses embellishments, voice leading and passing chords. He has some unique and peculiar ways to play things that most people play very plainly. He gets so much drive and momentum it's ridiculous.
    That was the cherry on top for me!

So yeah, this is the real deal! I am very happy with it and can give it my warmest recommendations.
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    Obviously ditto for me what Amund wrote so well, above; with the exception that for me Denis's work, between his DVD on rhythm and the "In the Style of" stuff with Stochelo, Hono, Gonzalo (and Denis's generous postings on youtube, etc.), has been a boon as well, personally - as with Christiaan's work here, crystal clear and extraordinarily useful. Nous'che's style means the world to me, now, so couldn't be more grateful for Christiaan's course.

So much concrete material to work from, an excellent course. This notion of fully muting or not - well, insofar as Nous'che's style is concerned, makes it quite apparent. Add to that, the very notion of an upstroke and how it's accomplished...some technical things made very patently clear.

Currently slowing WAY down on the use of pinky through changes. At tempo...for me, yikes!
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Regarding 'fully' muting 2 and 4, please see my post on the thread (link below).

I hope this clears up any misconceptions/confusion.

viewtopic.php?f=23&p=62820#p62820
    Christiaan what a great job you did on the "Nous'che Rhythm Guitar Course".

Thanks for the time effort and hard work. Just checking it out and it's amazing. Very good Camera, Audio, and Transcriptions. I see the files are still coming I'm sure this course will always have something to new to DIGEST.

Many Thanks really is a wonderful resource. BRAVO

pickitjohn
  • Seconded.

I'm interested to see how people are putting this into practice.
  • HemertHemert Prodigy
    Well thanks pickitjohn and jkaz. Good to hear since I spent a @#$% amount of time on it. Far more than I originally estimated. But I think it is worth it, because to be honest I always knew that Nous'che was a phenomenal rhythm guitarist but I never knew to what extent exactly.

I think Amund hit the nail on the head: Nous'che's very unique approach to using passing chords and embellishments is a big part of his drive and momentum. Of course his right hand technique is perfection as well.

WARNING [next part of this post is controversial and only my opinion]: I really do believe that even very good rhythm players, even professional top players should consider this course cause I bet there's stuff here that may surprise you. Bossa Nova technique alone is worth it.

I was recording with Stochelo two weeks ago and we were watching the bossa nova study and Stochelo was getting his guitar and trying things out and saying stuff like: "I never knew he did it like this", "whaat, I can't even do it now". Really folks, Stochelo had no idea to which extent Nous'che's playing was unique and worthwhile studying. Of course, he knew what it felt like to play with him but to see it up close like in the course: a whole different ball game.

I've seen some bossa nova instruction on various videos and frankly: that's just ridiculous when you compare it to how Nous'che does it.

Some people have mailed me that they think the price is too high. Really? The price is much too low. Nous'che is bat crazy giving this stuff away. When he saw the videos and the way I analyzed him he was very proud of the product but also said "Geez, guess I'm out of a job soon".
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    Hemert wrote:
    Some people have mailed me that they think the price is too high.

Things are never about money, but about value....do you walk away feeling what you spent was worthwhile?

The course is very much worth it, in my opinion. The simple progressions from the "basic" course are perhaps the most pleasant part of my daily routine, and they serve as both warmup and serious daily etudes, simple as they are. I do them in all keys. To see Nous'che's style like this, laid out impeccably clear, is a gift. What really gets me with Nous'che's playing is this inimitable ability to play so lightly, but drive with such power, nonetheless...and these materials really help capture why. (He humbly, and hopefully says), perhaps it's not entirely inimitable, after all.

I'll add, in something of a new discovery, there's been a real ignition to master gypsy latin rhythms. I always liked them, but of the many reasons I almost singularly (some would say, monomaniacally) love rhythm playing, these are now a core reason why. Thus far I've only added in bossa work, from the course. I still suck, but have made some concrete progress and the desire is keen. Nous'che is perfection here, and again the course amply delivers.

I find Christiaan's commentary really helpful here, as it is on the RA Stochelo materials. He's done a fantastic job. My money was exceedingly well spent and I'm very grateful.
    The mixing is very well done. It's not easy to hear all the dynamics and fine details in Nous'ches playing on records or on videos of the Trio because there is so much else going on.

Also just want to add, I hear Amund here, and totally agree. That said, if people have never watched them, the Live at Samois and Live at North Sea DVDs are both wonderful. The camera is, as would be expected, centered on Stochelo, but there's still ample coverage of Nous'che (and Nonnie). I keep wondering if burnout will occur, as I've watched them both so many times...but so far, all that happens is ... they're on my mind again. :D
    Hemert wrote:
    I've seen some bossa nova instruction on various videos and frankly: that's just ridiculous when you compare it to how Nous'che does it

Nous'che obviously blows me away. Not sure what you're referring to, Christiaan, but I think Nous'che's art stands on its own merits. I'm continually enriched by troweling fresh earth, and usually that comes first from the passion others have for the artists they love in particular, because I'm pretty damn unschooled, to my regret. If I know I'm fated to be blinkered by my own, fixed biases....I hope they'll always be challenged.
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.