DjangoBooks.com

Gypsy music stirs the blood...

kevorkazitokevorkazito Winnipeg Manitoba Canada✭✭
edited April 2013 in Gypsy Jazz 101 Posts: 178
Just listening to an interview with Neil Peart (drummer of Rush) talking about Gypsy Music he heard in Monmarte(sp?) Paris and he talks about how "Gypsy music stirs the blood in a way that's completely unique..."

I know what he means ;)
An hour with and about Rush, one of the most successful -- and unique -- rock bands of all time. And of course they're all Canadian!

http://www.cbc.ca/rewind/

(the quote is at 22:30)

I was looking for a proper place post this (psssst... Micheal... a general discussion area ;)

Comments

• PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    Wow, that's cool, thanks Kevor. My experience until about a year ago was just about contained to doing the bass-side opener on Passage to Bangkok, when Rush represented everything to a S. Cal. surfer dude. :D
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
  • kevorkazitokevorkazito Winnipeg Manitoba Canada✭✭
    Wow, that's cool, thanks Kevor. My experience until about a year ago was just about contained to doing the bass-side opener on Passage to Bangkok, when Rush represented everything to a S. Cal. surfer dude. :D

Oh yeah! "Wreathed in smoke in Lebanon, we burn the midnight oil..." :D
  • EmmettRayEmmettRay Honolulu, Hawaii✭✭✭✭ Koa Iseman, AJL XO-503, Holo Busato
    RUSH are big fans of gypsy jazz, Stephane Wrembel in particular. They invited him backstage to their concert at the Garden 2 years ago!
  • kevorkazitokevorkazito Winnipeg Manitoba Canada✭✭
    EmmettRay wrote:
    RUSH are big fans of gypsy jazz, Stephane Wrembel in particular. They invited him backstage to their concert at the Garden 2 years ago!

Thnks for that info. I'm a Rush fan from waaay back. I'll have to let my buddies know that. I have been unlucky so far to convert some friends for GJ jam partners.