DjangoBooks.com

Stimer pickups reviewed in this months Guitar Player

I guess we're going mainstream. There was a Bireli transcription in a magazine w/some death metal guy on the cover a few months ago, and now this.

I've been thinking of getting one of those piezo saddle transducers for some time, but the Stimer looks very nice and would be a much easier install. I don't have an *acoustic* amp anyway and would probably be using my old Gibson Falcon or a Vibrolux.

How does a magnetic pickup sound w/silver coated strings? anyone using the Stimer in particular? Opinions?

Thanks,
David

Comments

• nwilkinsnwilkins New
    the Stimer sounds great amplified - it is essentially the same as the old Dearmond rhythm chiefs. In bars I pretty much use it exclusively because of volume concerns and it sounds fantastic for both lead and rhythm. It seems to retain some of the unique acoustic character of the guitar in addition to being warm and rich. In short, they sound awesome if you use them correctly - go buy one :)
  • SoulShadeSoulShade NW Ohio, USANew
    I saw that...good article and nice to see a full page!