Banner Adverts
Closure

DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (0)

Related Discussions

Today's Birthdays

L1631 TeshaLadem Brett750 finneroop

My finger is in terrible pain

edited January 2013 in Technique Posts: 29
I don't know if I cut my nail too short or if I got a splinter. It's my middle finger. I can't bend any notes, it's terrible. I'm in such pain. I'm sure it will go away soon but it's impossible to play anything with a bend. Anybody experience anything like this? Should I super glue it like Stevie Ray Vaughan? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Have you thought of seeking medical help?
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • DjangoJimDjangoJim Edgewood, WA✭✭✭ Dupont MD50 Cedar Top
    Welcome to the world of gypsy jazz, which includes bending notes on an acoustic guitar! Yes, I've gotten that pain. If it's what I have had, it's simply your flesh pulling away from the nail. And I usually get it in the middle of a burning solo where I just put too much oomph into it. If you can't wait for it to heal in a few days, then wrap a band-aid (fabric type, not plastic) or tape around it...and don't bend.

I have also gotten just an unexplainable sharp pain in the middle of my finger pad. Figured it was just a nerve that got bruised and it did disappear in a few. Once again, I just put on a band aid and made it back by the last chorus.

Cheers,
    Jim