DjangoBooks.com

Guitar Orgy!!!

1235»

Comments

• Well, i am still going to bring some scoth amigo, I still owe you a sip or two of Talisker :D
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    stuart wrote:
    I've never been to Django in June or had the opportunity to enjoy Michael's hospitality but from reading his posts it sounds like he deserves a year off.
    NONONONONONONONO!!!!!!!
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • BonesBones Moderator
    NO INT'L FREE TRADE IN SELMACS!

Well, I got my Asian-made-French-setup (I think) Gallato from Germany but I live in the US so....

Hmmmmm.....
  • Jeff MooreJeff Moore Minneapolis✭✭✭✭ Lebreton 2
    Noodles come from China but I don't here them making a fuss when I pour tomato sauce over my "rigatoni". It's an insult to Asia I suppose.

Always and still intend to go to Chicago Michael. Hope your there when I do. Not sure I'm ready to compare my Lebreton's with the best, but ever curious how good they really are.

Vote no on Aging!
    "We need a radical redistribution of wealth and power" MLK
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Jeff--

By all means do come down! Given all the times we've spoken on the phone, it would be fun to finally meet up in person. I've heard from Michael, as well as you, how good Lebreton's are. I remember we were supposed to get together when you were down to drop guitars off with Josh at Caravan, but he changed the time on you and you had to cancel. It will still happen, but any time you want, you just call me and head on down. And bring my old Manouche Moreno along so I can say "hello" again!

Michael
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • tomcunntomcunn ✭✭✭
    A question for Michael and others similarly situated with multiple choices. how do you decide which guitar to play today?
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Well, at any given time, one or two are in the shop, and one or two are loan. After that, it's what sound I feel like hearing, I suppose. If I have a gig coming up, I try to practice more on whichever guitar I decide I should gig with. I usually loan a guitar out to our lead player, and I'll try to pick a guitar that will compliment the one he's using. Beyond that, I try to play the ones others play least, and to keep rotating them.

The simple fact is, I have too many choices. No one knows it more than I do. But when it comes time to parting with one, it's always hard to decide which. But if you know anyone looking for a great Busato...
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.