DjangoBooks.com

Buying a used guitar in Samois

spirospiro Zagreb, CroatiaNew
edited April 2012 in Europe Posts: 114
Hello all,

I plan to go to Samois this year for the first time. Can someone tell me how easy is to find used guitar? I wont bring my guitar, but want to buy one there since I need second guitar.

Do people bring guitars to sell them there?

Thanks for help

Comments

• crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    HI Spiro all the big name makers - apart from John Le Voi - have a stand on the island. John Le Voi can be found at the Samoreau campsite and there are usually a few people there selling guitars too. Obviously the makers, Eimers,Hahl etc. are expensive but the people on campsites are usually selling older second hand guiatrs at a lower price. I think the trick is to ask around.

Also you could try asking round the other campsite Le Petit Barbeau, last year the Dutch luthier/repairer Brunaari had a few guitars for sale at his caravan there. Also there may be people looking to sell a guitar or two at that campsite too.

I'm not going this year but I hope you have a great time and good luck with buying a guitar
    always learning
  • spirospiro Zagreb, CroatiaNew
    Thanks for the advice...

I am even considering to wear a shirt with 'I am buying a used guitar' :)

If i sell Altamira that i own now, i will probably buy high end instrument, but probably used one.

If i dont, ill try to find used cigano, or DG-255. Both of them i already had and regret for having them sold.