DjangoBooks.com

JJ

lacrossehotclublacrossehotclub La Crosse WI✭✭✭ Dupont Nomade
edited May 2012 in History Posts: 116

Comments

• bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
    You think the knickers and socks are what got Elton interested in John?
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Scarey!
  • StevearenoSteveareno ✭✭✭
    The happiest place on earth. Looks like a fun gig to me. Pretty hot stuff on that licorice schtick. Where's his SelMac?
    Swang on,
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    Awesome!!

I'd heard of these guys - seen pictures - but never seen them. This is some pretty nice Trad Jazz and they're having fun doing it. I love that old licorice stick & bumping bass sax Trad Jazz.

Evidently these guys had a number of bands for Disneyland. They'd put on different costumes and pick up different instruments and play different venues... main street, club33, country fair, electric parade. One of them was a Trad band, one was bluegrass, one was GJ. There might have been others - probably a rock one as John Jorgenson is a h*ll of a Tele player. I remember going to Disneyland in the early 80's and hearing a trad band playing outside that Icecream parlor on the end of Main Street. It had to be these guys. We sat there and listened to them for quite a while and talked to them a little between songs. Interesting to think about that. Until five minutes ago I thought I met John Jorgenson in 2007... just made the realization that I met him in... jeez... I think it was 1982. Lol... small world.
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • tommasotommaso ROMA-ITALYNew
    I just want to say that this band is great! Apart the great and famous JJ, do the other members still play in other bands or as soloist? Unforunately I don't know them, but it can be my fault.
    Anyway I appreciate particularly the banjoist : any further info about him? :D
    thanks,
    Tommaso
    Grazie Django!
  • tmaccaferriantmaccaferrian ✭✭
    I was introduced to the world of gypsy jazz by Raul Reynoso who played with John Jorgenson and crew in the Rhythm Brothers back in their Disneyland days. Here is a cool ol' video of Limehouse Blues from 1984: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPjM5liyn5Q
    Raul is a fabulous guitarist and made a great CD called Royal Street that you can pick up from Amazon. He is also a phenomenal instructor.