DjangoBooks.com

What's the best new GJ guitar in 2012 / order a JP Favino guitar

124»

Comments

• Mehran sMehran s ✭✭✭
    edited May 2014 Posts: 48
    Happy New Year 2014.
  • Happy New Year....waiting for a new guitar is sooooo hard
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • Mehran sMehran s ✭✭✭
    scared:
  • Mehran sMehran s ✭✭✭
    one of the musicians sent me this message:
    Hello Mehran,

I happened to come across an old message of yours on the DjangoBooks forum in which you write about having ordered a JP Favino guitar.
    I also believe that JP's guitars are the world's best, and placed an order with him in July 2012.
    After having not contacted JP in over a year, I've sent several emails over the past couple of months,
    but have not received any reply, unfortunately. I certainly hope JP is OK.
    By chance, have you been in touch with JP recently?
    Are you on track to receive your guitar after a 1.5-year-or-so wait?
    Any information you might have would be appreciated.
  • Mehran sMehran s ✭✭✭

• gitpickergitpicker Beijing/San Francisco✭✭✭✭ Gibson, Favino, Eastman
    Everything Ted has said is 100% accurate in my experience as well. I also ordered a guitar from JP Favino back in 2006 after playing Ted's guitar. I'm sure if it weren't for Ted I'd likely be playing something else. My guitar took about two years but I also told him it was no rush because it also gave me more time to finish gathering the remaining funds.

Yes it's true he is slow at times returning emails but do not worry, JP is an honorable man and he WILL respond. I'm sure when you have your guitar, you will be extremely happy with the results. You'll have one of the best gypsy guitars you can buy and a piece of history as well. I met him in Paris to pick up the guitar when it was finished and I couldn't have been happier with the entire process. To this day he's still my favorite. I'm very happy for you.

Doug
    www.dougmartinguitar.com
    Live life and play music like it's your last day on earth. One day you'll be right- Russel Malone