DjangoBooks.com

Gypsy Jazz Arpeggios App at App Store

bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
edited February 2012 in Technique Posts: 513
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gypsy-ja ... 72289?mt=8

Whose gonna be the first of us to try it? It's $10, but I wrote to the company and offered to post a review here for a free or discounted app purchase.

Comments

• I picked it up. Not bad. Has forms for maj, min, dom, dim. I guess the fact that gypsy jazz has extended into the iPad realm is pretty cool. It does have the arp played with rhythm and also just a rhythm backing track for you. In all, I believe there are 40 forms. At 10 bucks, it's not necessarily a dirt cheap app, but one worthwhile if you want to practice or learn your arpeggios on the go.

I think another app which I think is invaluable is the irealb. Go to the forums and download the gypsy jazz playlists. It'll take a few seconds at most. I haven't bought the jazz styles pack but I heard the la pompe, and it was a nightmare. Download something like the DAW multitrack and record your own backing tracks.