DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Related Discussions

Who's Online (0)

Today's Birthday

donquardo

Gypsy Jazz Arpeggios App at App Store

bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Altamira M30, Wide Sky PL-1
edited February 2012 in Technique Posts: 425
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gypsy-ja ... 72289?mt=8

Whose gonna be the first of us to try it? It's $10, but I wrote to the company and offered to post a review here for a free or discounted app purchase.

Comments

• I picked it up. Not bad. Has forms for maj, min, dom, dim. I guess the fact that gypsy jazz has extended into the iPad realm is pretty cool. It does have the arp played with rhythm and also just a rhythm backing track for you. In all, I believe there are 40 forms. At 10 bucks, it's not necessarily a dirt cheap app, but one worthwhile if you want to practice or learn your arpeggios on the go.

I think another app which I think is invaluable is the irealb. Go to the forums and download the gypsy jazz playlists. It'll take a few seconds at most. I haven't bought the jazz styles pack but I heard the la pompe, and it was a nightmare. Download something like the DAW multitrack and record your own backing tracks.