DjangoBooks.com

Django`s J`attendrai riff

WowBobWowWowBobWow Another Time & SpaceNew
edited January 2006 in Licks and Patterns Posts: 221
Just wondering if anyone knows how to pull off this crazy disco funk riff from django....

It`s around 2;12 to 2;17 in the 1938 or 1939 recording of J` Attendrai (entitled `Tornerai` on my cd) . It`s a duet with Grapelli. The riff is syncopated and am flustered in pulling it off... Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• ramsezazramsezaz Paris, FranceNew
    are you talking about this one ?
    A variation of the Tchaolesque chromatic syncopated lick :

[quote]
    -----------17-0----16-0-----15-0----13-0---12-0----10-0---9-8--8-7-
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -14-14-14-------13------12-------10------9-------7------6--------------
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [/quote]
    my lutherie blog : http://ramsezaz/blogspot.com
  • WowBobWowWowBobWow Another Time & SpaceNew
    Nicely done, Indeed that was the one. It seems Django should get his attention for this one (no?) although tschavolo has taken it to new heights---his use of it in the lagrene dvd over j'attenrai is impeccable!

Thanks so much! (I also came to notice it's in the new Gypsy Fire book--- indeed a library of delicious riffs and then some)

8)