DjangoBooks.com

Sebastien Giniaux - Melodie des Choses

rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
edited March 2012 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 605
..Best christmas present ever. If you have'nt got it yet treat yourself, you won't be disapointed.
The trio of Django tunes featured are approached in a totally fresh way, and the Arabic/African influences throughout are a joy. Olivier Marin guitars are obviously incredible instuments judging by the sounds throughout-dry, attacking and rich. 8) 5 stars *****
I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell

Comments

• stublastubla Prodigy Godefroy Maruejouls
    rimm wrote:
    ..Best christmas present ever. If you have'nt got it yet treat yourself, you won't be disapointed.
    The trio of Django tunes featured are approached in a totally fresh way, and the Arabic/African influences throughout are a joy. Olivier Marin guitars are obviously incredible instuments judging by the sounds throughout-dry, attacking and rich. 8) 5 stars *****

Looking forward to hearing it---some of the Marin's are fantastic,great but not all--i sold a Marin to buy my Maruejouls which to be honest beat the Marin hands down for sound if not in looks.
    stu
  • selmer607selmer607 Paris FranceNew Selmer #607
    Hi all,

first and foremost, happy new year!!

Off a good start, here is a full track from Sébastien Giniaux's "Mélodie des Choses", with malian kora player Chérif Soumano.

"Alkoholowa Nuda / Dakan"

Hope you like it!

Best

André
    Sébastien Giniaux - Mélodie des Choses
    From jazz guitar to world music, paintings and poetry.
    Web Site : www.sebastienginiaux.com
    FaceBook | MySpace | YouTube

Selmer #607
    Web Site : http://www.selmer607.com
  • rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
    fantastic~!
    I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell
  • MinorBluesMinorBlues New York✭✭✭
    What an amazing album. So many different influences showing here. Definitely the most fresh/interesting album to come out by a gypsy style player in recent memory. Sebastien plays with so much feel here. I'm recommending this one to everyone.